No matter how good your intentions are, you never seem to get to the personal correspondence tasks as soon as you want. Thank goodness that work has taught you how to make the best use of expedited domestic shipping services for sending trade show materials and printed business reports. Perhaps, in fact, it is because you are so familiar with expedited domestic shipping services that you never force yourself to send Mother’s Day cards, Holiday gifts, and anniversary and birthday cards as soon as you should.
You have not resorted to sending your greetings via email, although you admit that you have come close. Instead, your parents, your siblings, and your nieces and nephews expect that your cards and gifts will arrive in a some version of an overnight shipping package. It may be an envelope, it may be a box, but you rarely send anything by standard mail delivery.
There are some perks to knowing so much about Specialty Freight Services, and one of them is knowing the last possible minute that you have to ship something for it to arrive by a designated date.
Trade Show Shipments and Other Items Are Cheaper to Ship Than Carry on an Airplane
From industrial machinery transport services to understanding the specifics of overweight shipping, logistics employees help their companies make sure that needed items arrive when needed. Consider some of these facts and figures about the expedited domestic shipping services industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Representing 8% of annual gross domestic product, spending in the U.S. logistics and transportation industry totaled $1.48 trillion in the year 2015.
- 12 million trucks, rail cars, locomotives, and vessels move goods across the country’s network of transportation.
- Machinery, electronics, and motorized vehicles are the three most valuable commodities moved by the U.S. freight transportation system industry.
- The value of freight moved is expected to increase from $882 per ton in 2007 to $1,377 per ton in 2040, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- The Less Than Truckoad (LTL) market is estimated at approximately $35 billion.
- Approximately 5.9 million commercial motor vehicle drivers operate in the U.S., according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Expedited shipping costs are a significant part of many of the products that people order on a regular basis. Sometimes, they even add to the cost of making sure that your Mom gets a her Mother’s Day card on time!
Trackback from your site.