It was another weekend that emphasized the importance of furnace repair and maintenance. Although it is the time of graduation parties and swimming pool openings, the temperatures took a 48 hour unexpected turn and most outdoor activities were moved inside as the temperatures dropped into the lower 40s. Once again, you were thankful for your twice a year air conditioner and furnace repair and maintenance contracts. Even though you had the air conditioning on a few times already, you did not hesitate to switch gears and turn on the furnace because you knew that the furnace repair expert had just looked over the system
Like many home maintenance tasks, air conditioning and furnace repair is something that needs to be scheduled on a regular basis. In fact, most experts recommend that at least twice a year you schedule heating and cooling professionals to come look at your system. One visit should be a couple of weeks before you expect to turn on the air conditioning and the other visit should be two to three weeks before you expect to turn on the furnace. In the process of scheduling many of these routine maintenance services, many HVAC companies also offer affordable service contracts that cover needed visits throughout the year. Often, these contracts go so far as to waive the labor costs if you should need any repair or replacement work because you have agreed to pay the monthly fees.
How Old Is the Heating and Cooling Unit in Your Home?
- Key parts like the heat exchanger or control module sometimes fail. When they do you are better off replacing the furnace if it is more than 15 years old.
- Everyone want an air conditioner and a furnace that works when extreme temperatures arrive. The only way to ensure that this happens, however, is the make sure that you schedule regular service and maintenance calls with a professional HVAC service.
- Energy efficiency can plummet by as much as 30% without a proper HVAC system that is working in tandem with a well-insulated home.
- Professional heating and cooling experts no what to look for during their routine inspections. They can often predict ahead of time an impending problem and suggest repairs or replacements before a complete system failure.
- You can do some of the maintenance on a HVAc system yourself. For instance, most HVAC system filters need to be changed every one to three months, according to information posted on the Energystar.gov website.
- Once you get in the routine of budgeting for scheduled home maintenance services, you can often avoid the unexpected and costly emergencies that are not in the budget. By having a professional HVAC service person look at your system, for instance, you can be more aware and more prepared for larger ticket items.
- Upgrading a furnace or boiler from a model with 56% efficiency to a model with to 90% efficiency in an average cold-climate house will save 1.5 tons of carbon dioxide emissions a year if the home is heated with gas, or 2.5 tons if the home is heated with oil.
- Really getting a handle on efficiency ratings and carbon dioxide emissions is also helpful to the environment. If, for instance, a home is in a cold climate, merely upgrading the furnace can improve efficiency by anywhere between 50% and 90%.
- Cooling and ir conditioning units already use about 5% of all electricity produced in the U.S. as it is. As more and more homes are built and the planet becomes more and more crowded, and if temperatures continue to rise, this percentage will only increase.
- One way to make your home more energy efficient is to upgrade or increase the insulation that is in your attic and in the walls of any future remodeling projects.
- Once you make the commitment to making sure that your home is as energy efficient as possible, you can begin to see the savings in your heating and cooling bills.
- Learning how to maintain a home can be complicated. Understanding the need for routine maintenance for HVAC systems, however, can make the whole process easier. Few things in a home are as important as the heating and cooling systems that provide the comfort of temperature control.
Trackback from your site.